2016 Top Rated Mobility Scooters Reviews
Mobility scooters are fundamental in the lives of people who have difficulties getting around, allowing them to be independent and capable of caring for themselves. For those who have limited mobility or who have full-body ailments, these products are a heaven sent because they give these people the possibility to go shopping on their own, visit their loved ones, and go on trips around town whenever they want. The speed that these products offer combined with the generous range of operation brought by their battery capabilities facilitate a great range of travel that people with mobility issues couldn’t have achieved on foot.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO CHOOSE THE BEST MOBILITY SCOOTER FOR YOUR NEEDS
What characterizes mobility scooters is the fact that they offer mobility to those who are incapacitated. For these products to perfectly suit the needs of those who intend to use them, they must perfectly incorporate advanced mobility features with comfort and durability. Therefore, when choosing the best model for your needs, take these aspects into consideration.
- The mobility offered by these products is represented by a combination of the maximum speed that they can reach, the range that they offer on a single charge, and the turning radius of the unit.
- A superior speed is mandatory because it ensures the person using the scooter will safely reach the desired destination without fearing that the battery will lose its power in the meanwhile. For example, the impressive 6.8 MPH speed of the Hummer XL Folding model ensures that the user will reach the desired destination without any problems.
- The turning radius has a major impact on the mobility of the unit as well, allowing users to take tight corners with ease. This comes especially in handy when they need to turn around or avoid obstacles.
- Some of the most important features that you have to look for to make sure that your money is being spent on a top of the line model are comfort features such as padded seats and armrests, and convenience features such as baskets and foldability.
- Comfort features are of a great importance, allowing users to have a pleasurable experience when using these products. A great quality model like the Drive Medical Scout that features an adjustable swivel seat and padded, adjustable armrests makes the experience of using it downright addictive, being a real delight to use it.
- The foldability of the unit and whether it comes with a basket or not are equally important to the material and quality of the seat and armrests. A foldable model will allow the user to store it in the car or any other place when it’s needed. Also, the basket feature is just as important because it makes shopping trips a lot easier and more convenient, providing a place where the user can put the bags or other items that need to be carried on that trip.
- Mobility scooters generally come at expensive prices. Therefore, when investing in such a product, you have to make sure that the model you intend to buy will last for as long as possible. A great way to figure out the level of durability of a certain model is to inspect its warranty.
- When analyzing the warranty of such a product, you will notice that there are generally separate warranties for the frame, the battery, and the electronics. The longer each of these warranties are, the better because it shows that the manufacturer trusts the product and that eventual issues that appear with it will be fixed free of charge.
HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO BUY ONE OF THE TOP OF THE LINE MOBILITY SCOOTERS
The price tag of a product usually says a lot about its quality. Generally, people aren’t delighted when they see that a certain product costs thousands of dollars, but there’s reasoning behind exuberant prices, the main reason being the superior quality that the product delivers. Therefore, if you want to have a top of the line model at your disposal, be prepared to spend a pretty sum on it. Of course, there are models on the market that cost only a few hundreds of dollars, but they don’t offer much when it comes to features, and they aren’t durable and reliable either. True top of the line models, such as the Hummer XL Folding model, can cost as much as over $2000, the price being raised by their design and what they offer to the users.
What’s Behing out Top Mobility Scooters Ratings
It took thorough research and increased attention to every detail, but we have successfully managed to rank the top mobility scooters on the market. By doing this, we hope to make your search for the ideal model to go with easier. The research and hard work that went into this classification was based on certain criteria, as we well explain in the following.
- The maximum weight capacity that a mobility scooter can handle is of a great importance because it represents a limit that directly affects the choice of the users. For example, a great quality model like the Shoprider Sunrunner boasts a generous weight capacity of 300 pounds. This means that the person using it must weigh a maximum of 300 pounds. Therefore, this specific model, and any other model with a big weight capacity present interest to a wider category of people.
- Another important ranking criteria is the top speed that the unit can reach. An impressive top speed shows that that the user won’t only be able to reach the desired destination fast, but that there won’t be any unpleasant surprises like the scooter running out of battery before reaching the destination. The impressive 6.8 MPH top speed that the Hummer XL Foldable can reach is one of the many reasons why we consider it to be the best model of its kind on the market.
- The maximum distance that a scooter can cover on a full battery shows how far the user can actually travel with it on a single charge. Of course, this was one of the main criteria that we used to rank the top of the line models on the market. The generous range of 25 miles offered by the Shoprider Sunrunner couldn’t pass unnoticed, reason why we had to recognize it as being one of the best mobility scooters.
- An element of design that we couldn’t skip on when classifying them according to their quality is the number of wheels that they feature. All of the models in our top of the best have four wheels, which gives them all increased stability when turning or passing over slopes and obstacles. Therefore, they represent a very safe method of transportation for the impaired people who use them.
- When using the mobility scooter, you will inevitably be faced with roads that have a certain degree of incline. Of course, we kept this aspect in mind when reviewing the models that we presented to you as being the best. A great model like the EV Rider Minirider, which boasts an impressive maximum climbing angle of 10 degrees, is surely going to handle any routes that you take to reach the destination of your choice.
- The comfort features that we looked for to bring you an accurate top of the best models on the market are the material and adjustability of the seat and armrests, and the existence of a basket, a convenience feature that mustn’t miss in order to make the scooter useful in more situations. Our top ranked model, the Hummer XL Foldable, has a very comfortable memory foam seat, and a large, heavy duty basket that can carry generous loads of shopping bags.
- When you travel by car or you have to temporarily store it somewhere else, the foldability of the mobility scooter becomes extremely important. While there are models out there which can’t be folded to fit with ease in certain spaces, our first two top ranked choices come with this useful feature. This shows not only why we chose this specific ranking for them, but how great their quality is and how convenient they are in a variety of situations.
- There are three separate warranties that most of the models in our top feature. We consider the frame, battery, and electronics warranties as being of a great importance when establishing the quality of the products because they show for how long any damages and malfunctions are fixed by the manufacturer free of charge. Also, these warranties show how much the manufacturers actually trust the products that they offer, the lifetime warranty for the frame of the Drive Medical Scout clearly showing that it’s made of an incredibly durable material.
MAXIMUM RANGE ON FULL BATTERY
NUMBER OF WHEELS
WHAT OUR REVIEWS SAY ABOUT THE BEST MOBILITY SCOOTERS
- The 22-inch wide Com-Fort-Fit seat of this model is made of memory foam to make the experience of using it as pleasurable as possible. Our top ranked choice is foldable, so the user can easily store it in the car or anywhere else when it’s needed. In addition, the large basket that it features on the back side allows the user to go on shopping trips without fearing that the unit won’t be able to carry the heavy bags.
- This model has a generous weight of 158.7 pounds. It can accommodate users that weigh as much as 300 pounds. It can reach an impressive maximum speed of 6.8 MPH, which means that the user will reach the set destination fast. The 26Ah battery that it features gives this model the possibility to cover a distance of 15.5 miles before the battery needs to be recharged. Also, it can handle roads that have an incline of up to 8 degrees due to the amazing design.
- This product features no less than four wheels that give it an increased stability and a reliable performance. The large tires ensure that the risk of the unit tipping over when the user takes turns doesn’t exist. Therefore, it’s a stable and safe choice to go with, especially for those who love to go shopping and explore all the aisles in the market.
- The manufacturer offers for this product a 1-year warranty for the frame and a 3-month warranty for the battery.
- The Luggie Compact FR168-4(IT) features an adjustable tiller. The stadium style seat that it comes with is wide enough to provide comfort to those who use this model. The folding armrests allow the user to get on an off it easy and safe. Due to the fact that it’s foldable, the user can rest assured that it will fit wherever it’s needed with ease.
- This product has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. It weighs only 94 pounds. To make it possible for the user to arrive on time at the chosen destination, it can reach a maximum speed of 4 MPH. On a single charge, the 12Ah battery lasts for an 11-mile long trip. In addition, the maximum climbing angle of this model is 6 degrees.
- The 4-wheel drive of this product ensures increased stability. This makes it reliable and safe to use. Also, it diminishes the chances that it might tip over when taking turns due to its solid tires.
- This model is backed up by a 3-year warranty for the frame, a 1-year warranty for the battery, and a 1-year warranty for the electronics.
- This model features a comfortable padded swivel seat that can be adjusted to perfectly suit the preference of the user. The backrest can be folded down. Just like the seat, the armrests of this product are padded and adjustable. Therefore, it’s extremely pleasurable to go around the town with it. The large basket that it comes with is located in the front of the scooter. This way, the user can keep a close eye on the shopping bags or other items that are stored in it. Also, the basket features a carry handle that makes it more convenient in use.
- The Drive Medical Scout model weighs only 85 pounds. It can reach a maximum speed of 4.25 MPH. It can support a user that weighs up to 300 pounds. On a single charge, it offers a maximum range of 9 miles. It’s powered by a 12Ah battery. Also, it can climb inclines that have an angle of up to 6 degrees.
- It features a 4-wheel drive that makes it capable of taking turns safely. The tires are non-marking. In addition, the four wheels make it extremely stable.
- The lifetime warranty for the frame of this model shows that it’s of a superior quality and that the manufacturer trusts the product. Also, it comes with a 6-month warranty for the battery and a 14-month warranty for the electronics.
- This product comes with an impressive, high-quality Deluxe Captain’s seat that ensures maximum comfort, making the ride on this model incredibly pleasurable. The wicker basket located at the front of the unit makes it easy to carry heavy items around. It features a full tiller shroud. Also, to add safety when using it, the product features a useful rear view mirror.
- The 80-pound weight of this model makes it one of the lightest models on the market. The maximum weight limit of the people who can use it is of 300 pounds. What really impresses about this model is the fact that it can go for 25 miles before it needs to be recharged. The 35Ah battery is what gives it this impressive range. It can reach a maximum speed of 5 MPH. When it comes to the maximum climbing angle, it can handle inclines of up to 8 degrees.
- This model features reliable and durable air filled tires. In addition, the 4-wheel drive that it features increases its stability.
- The Shoprider Sunrunner is covered by a 1-year warranty for the frame, a 6-month warranty for the battery, and a 1-year warranty for the electronics.
- The EV Rider Minirider comes with a deep cushioned seat that makes long rides with it comfortable. Also, the seat swivels 360 degrees to make it easy for the user to get on and off the scooter. The flip-up armrests of this model can be adjusted to perfectly suit the preference of the user. It can be disassembled for easy storage. The wire basket on the front of the unit can be used to carry items.
- This model weighs only 80 pounds. It can accommodate users that weigh up to 275 pounds. The maximum speed that it can reach is 5 MPH. The 18Ah battery gives it a generous range of 15 miles per charge. By far, its most impressive feature is the fact that it can handle a maximum climbing angle of 10 degrees.
- The EV Rider Minirider features a 4-wheel drive that makes it stable when it’s in use. In addition, the solid tires ensure durability and safety.
- This product is backed up by a 3-year warranty for the frame, a 1-year warranty for the battery, and a 1-year warranty for the electronics.